BitDefender, a global provider of award-winning anti-virus software and data security solutions, announced today the launch of BitDefender Total Security 2009, in South Africa.
The new security solution from BitDefender provides the ultimate proactive protection for PCs by combining advanced protection against viruses, spyware, hackers, spam and other e-threats, with minimal impact on system performance.
Unlike other security solutions, which rely heavily on a list of pre-existing viruses, BitDefender security solutions use proactive B-HAVE technology that identifies and blocks new and zero-day threats. Additionally, BitDefender Total Security 2009 System’s maintenance and backup tools keep PCs running at optimal speed and protected from data loss.
BitDefender Total Security 2009 enhancements
- Battery-saving Laptop Mode: BitDefender automatically enters a power-saving “laptop mode” when a laptop is running on battery power, postponing scheduled scans, backups and tune-ups in order to save battery life.
- Increased Privacy Protection through Instant Messaging Encryption: BitDefender Total Security 2009 ensures no-one can eavesdrop on instant messaging traffic between two PCs, offering this protection to Yahoo Messenger and MSN Messenger users.
- Increased Data Privacy with File Vault: BitDefender’s File Vault provides a secured storage space for personal information or sensitive files kept locally in a user’s computer, and data is encrypted, making this stored data invulnerable to theft or to a security breach.
- Improved Integrated Online Security: BitDefender Total Security 2009 provides users a full range of proactive protection technologies for secure everyday online activities such as banking, shopping, browsing or socialising. Web, e-mail and instant messaging traffic are now scanned in real-time for viruses, spyware, phishing and identity theft attempts.
- More control via Home Network Management: BitDefender Total Security 2009 provides home users with the ability to manage the security of every PC in a home network from a single location. BitDefender software from other computers in the network can be remotely configured, while tasks such as scans, tune-ups and updates can be scheduled and run.
- Other game, power-optimisation, usability and firewall improvements: BitDefender Total Security 2009 also features an improved gamer mode, increased performance with lower consumption of system resources, enhanced usability, and firewall (IDS and IPv6 support) support.
In addition to BitDefender Total Security 2009, BitDefender also launched BitDefender Antivirus 2009 and BitDefender Internet Security 2009. BitDefender Antivirus 2009 provides advanced proactive protection against viruses, spyware, phishing attacks and identity theft, with minimal impact on system performance. BitDefender Internet Security 2009 covers all the security needs of the Internet-connected family, providing firewall and proactive protection against viruses, hackers, spam and identity theft. Its family network management features help multiple computer families enjoy a safe online experience.